Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC Hero on Boost Mobile (CDMA)

Supreme Member
    Sex: Male
    Phone: 902

HTC Hero on Boost Mobile (CDMA)

Has anyone been able to get the HTC hero on Boost Unlimited CDMA with MMS working? Data works, Phone calls work but no MMS messages.

Thanks for looking!

Stone Cold Super Moderator Qball1084's Avatar
    umm, you posted this in the marketplace ... moved

/\/\

Quote Originally Posted by paisa nyc View Post
    Think before you click.... scan before you fap.
    "If voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it."~Mark Twain
    REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Phone: GSM GALAXY NEXUS ! SGS2 BLACK
    I would think it would work after u change the settigs for mms on the phone . first u need 1 of the cdma phones they sell on a boost cdma acct . then copy the mms settings to ur hero nd switch it over to that chk with xda dev for help
    i am not Iranian i am Canadian lol (Compacter)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisjp2
    I would think it would work after u change the settigs for mms on the phone . first u need 1 of the cdma phones they sell on a boost cdma acct . then copy the mms settings to ur hero nd switch it over to that chk with xda dev for help
    Yea i have it all setup with the same setting that were in my HTC Touch originally since everything worked fine on their but still no go. i've been lookin around on Hofo to see if anyone could help, hopefully someone will post up the right settings I should be using. i'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the way I activated it(i'm sure you know exactly what I mean since Hero, Pre and Moment are exclusive so they dont activate online due to the ESN)

chk on xda dev as they are the htc pros over there or ppc geeks . but ur saying ur htc touch worked fine on boost cdma ? rechk ur settings and reset ur phone to .

Disgusting Newbie
    so r u saying you have the hero working on boost mobile cdma and data and voice works just not mms? if so can u plz tell me how u did this....

he changed the network and mms settings on the phone and with droid or wm6 or higher it isnt that hard

Disgusting Newbie
    can you tell me how to do this, or a link to a guide somewhere on how to do this? i have a sprint moto q with windows mobile 5 on boost mobile cdma right now and i have a sprint hero ive been trying to get on my account for like a month already, i can live with no mms, as long as i get voice data and sms im content......

as far as no mms for the other guy, have you tried mediamail.boostmobile.com ? on my moto q at the moment i dont get mms neither but when someone sends me a pic msg i get a txt msg with a link to this website, and since data works, i even have evdo on my moto q, i simply surf the internet to that link and i can see all the mms msgs i received......

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch_ee_ko
    can you tell me how to do this, or a link to a guide somewhere on how to do this? i have a sprint moto q with windows mobile 5 on boost mobile cdma right now and i have a sprint hero ive been trying to get on my account for like a month already, i can live with no mms, as long as i get voice data and sms im content......

as far as no mms for the other guy, have you tried mediamail.boostmobile.com ? on my moto q at the moment i dont get mms neither but when someone sends me a pic msg i get a txt msg with a link to this website, and since data works, i even have evdo on my moto q, i simply surf the internet to that link and i can see all the mms msgs i received......
    Um, are you on Hofo? I am almost 90% sure I followed a link that was posted by you or in response to a similar question by you. the information I used was linked from Hofo to Mobile-files i believe. this website does not allow the discussion for the process though so my only advice would be to use another phone, I knew what needed to be done to get it activated but have no never done it on an Android phone but followed that link that was posted on hofo and got it done in a few hours. their are some issues still that need to be figured out but at least I can turn off my flexpay and not carry 3 phones all day by different carriers lol. I can live with no MMS i guess until I have time to really dig deeper into it. Data changes from EV to 3G here and their, since its the sprint tower, I also have a buddy using Sprint who does not have the same problem with the changing from EVDO to 3G frequently. I read others having this problem as well so its not just me. they think it has to do with the Radio firmware or the way Boost CDMA is provisioning the data.

Good luck I would give you the post but like I said its not alowed here.
    Last edited by UR2EZ4ME; 11-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Disgusting Newbie
    yea i am on hofo mobile-files and xda , but like you said the online esn swap on sprint.com doesnt work for the hero, i have attempted many times, and cust care to try to swap the esn on my account but they dont do it for my hero, i have changed all the EPST and DATA settings on my hero to match my current phone on the boost mobile network and now when my hero reboots it no longer goes automatically to the hands free activation but when i attempt a call i get a message saying my phone is not authenticated or something to that extent which i get the impression that it means my esn doesnt match the esn on their system so the call doesnt go through

now the mobile-files thread u might be speaking of is the one on how to change the esn/meid number from your hero to match your current phone, which means cloning your current phone on the boost mobile network, is this the thread you refer to? if so i have difficulties actually understanding the steps to do this.....

so far my research shows thats the only method ppl have had success in getting the hero on boost,
    i thought u had found a different way,

any ways if this is the method you took to get your hero on boost can you elaborate step by step on how you did this please, ima pm you my email, if you would be so kind

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch_ee_ko
    yea i am on hofo mobile-files and xda , but like you said the online esn swap on sprint.com doesnt work for the hero, i have attempted many times, and cust care to try to swap the esn on my account but they dont do it for my hero, i have changed all the EPST and DATA settings on my hero to match my current phone on the boost mobile network and now when my hero reboots it no longer goes automatically to the hands free activation but when i attempt a call i get a message saying my phone is not authenticated or something to that extent which i get the impression that it means my esn doesnt match the esn on their system so the call doesnt go through

now the mobile-files thread u might be speaking of is the one on how to change the esn/meid number from your hero to match your current phone, which means cloning your current phone on the boost mobile network, is this the thread you refer to? if so i have difficulties actually understanding the steps to do this.....

so far my research shows thats the only method ppl have had success in getting the hero on boost,
    i thought u had found a different way,

any ways if this is the method you took to get your hero on boost can you elaborate step by step on how you did this please, ima pm you my email, if you would be so kind

That is the only way unless you can get boost to add it to the system which is not going to happen. thats the thread i'm referring to yes its not simple to do and you could have a brick very easy to which only jtag would fix. the settings your changing are only for provisioning the network to point to the right gateways for each service.

LK WYCLEF, GONE TIL NOV Insider Junkie SEVENTH WONDER's Avatar
    WHERE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN???

BOOST is on CDMA now????

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVENTH WONDER
    WHERE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN???

BOOST is on CDMA now????
    \

Thats the reaction I had myself. I was like WTF since when? its been around for a long time apparently but on west coast or some odd 13 cities or something with same plan as Iden. my bill is $54 and some change now but if you dont mind all the extra hoops you gotta go through to get them working right it sure as shit beats the Iden lineup since you can use all Sprint towers with 3G access. all the people in the bussiness said its coming to the east coast very soon so you can activate i the right way.
    Last edited by UR2EZ4ME; 11-21-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Cool

yes and no. it has been cdma only in some areas ,and you need 1 of the 3-4 phones they sell to activate your account 1st . then you can put a different phone on your acct . though there is no dc if you are on boost cdma . but you are on sprints network .

Supreme Member
    yes and no. it has been cdma only in some areas ,and you need 1 of the 3-4 phones they sell to activate your account 1st . then you can put a different phone on your acct . though there is no dc if you are on boost cdma . but you are on sprints network .
    right but heres the thing, all the Sars, Reps, and our agent told us its going to expand bigtime in in near future so wtf is going to happen to PTT? I hope they dont end up pulling a Hybrid like they did on the Ic series phones. lewis I was only referring to Boost being here, not the whole process of getting it done since I already mentioned were I heard it from, figured most people already knew and I was just hoping on board.
    Last edited by UR2EZ4ME; 11-21-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Cool

heres the states
    Original 13 markets: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Give them an address from these areas if you don't happen to live there. Just give them any address you find online.

you will need 1 of these 3 phones to get started then you can change to a sprint phone
    C290/W385/Krzr K1M.
    . if ur a dealer u might be able to get around using 1 of the 3 phones
    Last edited by lewisjp2; 11-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Supreme Member
    heres the states
    Original 13 markets: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Give them an address from these areas if you don't happen to live there. Just give them any address you find online.
    Haha yup, I could have sworn I read maryland and without Verifying I told them an address their with a story..then got rejected so gave them another address I googled real fast, told them that was were I was originally from, told her oh well can I at least get it activated and i'll have it sent over to my parents house?...I am registered at a College in San Jose, CA or some shit but changed it online afterwards.
    Last edited by UR2EZ4ME; 11-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Disgusting Newbie
    yea im in florida and i had it since it first started the plans were 30 unlimited talk 35 talk and text and 40 unlimited talk txt n web, plus tax, which is the one i have, i pay 46.50 a month to use sprint towers and evdo =) , which is why i dont wanna leave boost, and after like a yr or so it upgraded from regional to nationwide at no cost =) =) =) , im a loyal boost custo

im new to this whole cloning the phone but im very good at following specific steps to get stuff done, the fact that i CAN potentially brick my phone doesnt scare me if i have a guide to follow, but venturing off blindly down this road does

Thumbs up I have a Droid ERIS fully flashed for Boost Mobile!!

I can do Droid ERIS, HTC Hero, Verizon Touch Pro, Verizon Touch Diamond, Verizon Imagio all on Boost Mobile with everything working (Talk, Text and Web).
    SilverDildoLovers . com
    Last edited by Qball1084; 07-26-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpoonCells View Post
    I can do Droid ERIS, HTC Hero, Verizon Touch Pro, Verizon Touch Diamond, Verizon Imagio all on Boost Mobile with everything working (Talk, Text and Web).
    SilverManLove . com
    take your ass back to where you came from
    Last edited by Qball1084; 07-26-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Thread Information